Wednesday, January 7, 2009

10 Weeks


Johanna is 10 weeks old and this is the last week of my maternity leave. She has really blossomed the past few weeks and makes me laugh and smile at least 100 times a day.

This has been a busy week because Vince and I are working to get our house ready to put on the market, but Miss Johanna doesn't like to be ignored for very long so it leaves me with less time to do things. That's OK though, because I want to enjoy every minute of maternity leave before I start my new job next week. I am very excited to start my new job and I feel confident we found a great child care provider so I do not have the anxiety I thought I might have if I were returning to work full time.

She got her shots last week - now that was stressful. I started crying a little because I had never seen her so visibly upset and in pain. She slept the whole day and seemed a little more fussy for a few days.

We are also trying to get her bedtime to be around 8:30 and that has been a challenge because she likes to go to bed late and sleep in a little later. The sleeping in later is fine with me but next week I will have to leave for work at 6:50 a.m. Next week will be a little crazy.

Anyhow, here two month check up was:

Weight: 11.1 lbs / 50% percentile
Length: 21 1/2 inches, 25% percentile
Head: 15 cm, 25% percentile

She is really more vocal and will coo and make funny noises like you are having a conversation. She is also laughing as you will see in this video. It is such a fun time and I want to enjoy every minute!

No comments: