Monday, October 26, 2009

Our Baby Girl is *1* Today!

Our beautiful baby girl is one today! Just writing that first line brings a little sting of tears to my eyes. As her birthday has been approaching, I have been thinking about the bountiful blessings this past year has bestowed on our family. Johanna is a precious gift from God.

Sometimes when I think about how much I love my baby girl, it almost hurts a little bit. Having a child teaches you a new, different kind of love. One that swells up so high inside you that you almost feel like you will burst.

Johanna has even taught Vince and I to love each other in a different way and has brought us closer together - I see the caring father he has become and know how tender he is with his little girl (of course, it is not surprising because he is caring and tender with me, too). He sees me *hopefully* as one tought little mama who had the strength to give birth to that little bundle of joy a year ago and he knows that I would do anything for our family.

This new era in my life - that of wife and mother - and it has been nothing but spectacular. It is a happy sequel to everything before - I was blessed to have such wonderful parents and siblings, meet the love of my life at 18 and then was lucky enough to love Vince's family as my own. However, becoming a mother is better than I ever expected, and I expected a lot.

I am so glad to share these thoughts with all of you and I know that many people share my joy and thanks that Johanna entered our world. Together let's thank God for creating such a happy, healthy little angel. We love you Johanna Cecilia!

One year ago today:




And now, one year later:





No comments: